12.5.09

Day 8: Suffolk to Ahoskie 83 Miles






I started riding from Suffolk VA. I could not ride my bike south out of Newport News so Jed gave me a ride across the bridge,and then some. I got a late start, but i was going to take it easy so it didn't really matter. At about noon I passed Merchants Millpond State Park where i planned on camping that night. It was way too early to stop so i kept on. My lack of planning came back to bite me in the ass that afternoon. With no cell service and no idea where I was going to sleep I had a mini nervous break down, Awesome! At about 5:30 I finally got cell service in one little area and found out that the next closest place to stay was a motel 34 miles away. SHIT! I figured out that I could leave my path and head west about 10 miles to the beautiful town of Ahoskie NC, Population:12. I took shelter at the Tommahawk Motel where I continued to have a personal meltdown! That was it for me for some reason I just knew I was over it! A few hours later I had a plan, I was going to sleep on it but I knew what I wanted to do. What a hard desision it was. I was quitting early and heading home. I felt so fucking defeated. The next morning I would ride 50 miles north to Chesapeake VA, rent a car from Avis and drive home with the feeling of failure heavy on my heart!

No comments: