12.5.09

Day 6 DC to Fredericksburg 75.6 miles







All in all this was a good day. It began a bit cloudy but by about 11 the sun started to peak its head out. Somehow, not with my highly detailed planning I found a bike path out of DC. It took me all the way to Mt Vernon where i saw the ghost of George Washington. He told me that I would be staying at the KOA campground in Fredericksburg later that night. For some reason the cabins were almost the same price as the tent sites. Needless to say, I took a cabin which had wifi and a space heater to dry my sweaty clothes. That's what i call roughing it! I ate another gas station meal at the Fas Mart then Made my way into nature. I ended up watching Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist on my Ipod before i crashed out! As 2 am rolled around I was happy to have shelter, their was one hell of a thunderstorm beating down! Ah KOA .

No comments: